After Matsusaka Castle was constructed by Gamo Ujisato in 1588, Matsusaka town prospered as a commercial center during the Edo Period (1603 – 1868).
Today, one of the old merchant's house was restored and opened to the public as a museum.
The owner of the house originally built around 1700 was Ozu Seizaemon, a typical wealthy merchant at that time.
Valuable and rare items displayed inside the house offer a glimpse of the lifestyle of that period.
- 9:00 – 16:30 (April – September)
- 9:00 – 16:00 (October – March)
- The following day of national holidays (except Saturday)
- December 29 – January 3
Access / Public Transport
- 10 minutes walk from Matsusaka Station on the JR lines or Kintetsu Yamada Line