Seikan Renrakusen was a JR's ferry service which ran between JR Aomori Station and JR Hakodate Station.
The service was ended when Seikan Tunnel was completed in 1988.
Hakkoda-Maru is the last Seikan Renrakusen ferry, and after its last trip in 1988, the ship was remodeled as Japan's first railroad ferry museum.
You can enter some of its cabins which are maintained as they were.
- 9:00 - 19:00 (April - October) *admission until 18:00
- 9:00 - 17:00 (November - March) *admission until 16:30
- Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday) *November - March
- December 31, January 1
- The 2nd week of March (For maintainance)
Access / Public Transport
- 5 minutes walk from Aomori Station on the JR lines or Aoimori Railway Line
Address / Location
- JapanVisitor @JapanVisitor - 2019-06-19
- Kopitiam Bot @KopitiamBot - 2018-12-10
- TAIKEN JAPAN @TAIKENJAPAN - 2018-12-10
- Hannah Marie (花) 🌻 @hanamariiJP - 2018-01-12
- The Common Foodie @thecommonfoodie - 2016-08-02
- vv @vividvoyager - 2016-05-22