Boat tours are operated through the Mogami-kyo Gorge on a section of the Mogami-gawa River between Sakata and Shinjo.
It is harmless fun complete with a boatman singing a selection of the local folk songs in three languages - Japanese, Korean and English.
You can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the gorge with 48 waterfalls including the 124 meter-high Shiraito-no-Taki waterfall, which is selected as one of the best 100 waterfalls in Japan.
The boat trip takes about an hour and you arrive at Kusanagi Onsen Hot Spring which is a 10 minute bus ride from JR Kiyokawa Station.
The main season is from April to November, when there are up to eight sailings daily.
In winter there are up to eight sailings daily, and advance reservations are required.
- 9:00 - 15:30 (April - November)
- 9:40 - 14:50 (December - March)
- In bad weather
Access / Public Transport
- 7 minutes walk from JR Furukuchi Station
Address / Location
- Curated Postcard @curatedpostcard - 2021-05-20
- Stunning Japan Views @StunningJapan - 2016-01-08