Morioka History and Culture Museum is based on the concept of “Morioka Castle and castle town field museum”.
It preserves and exhibits materials related to the history and culture of Morioka.
On the first floor, Morioka's culture and festivals are introduced.
On the second floor, the treasures of Nanbu clan, the Daimyo (feudal lords) of Morioka Domain, are exhibited.
- 9:00 - 19:00 (April - October)
- 9:00 - 18:00 (November- March)
- 3rd Monday of each month
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes walk from JR Morioka Station
- 10 minutes from JR Morioka Station by Morioka Central Loop Bus Denden-mushi. Get off at Kencho / Shiyakusho-mae Bus stop. Located in Iwate Park.