Mt. Iimori-yama is famous as the burial place of the Byakkotai.
The Byakkotai were a group of young warriors who died tragically in defense of Tsuruga Castle during the Boshin Civil War in 1868.
The memorial service for Byakkotai is held here in April 24 and September 24 every year.
There is also Byakkotai Memorial Museum at the foot of the mountain.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 4 minutes from JR Aizu-Wakamatsu Station by Akabee bus. Get off at Iimoriyama-shita Bus stop.
- 46 minutes from JR Aizu-Wakamatsu Station Haikara-san bus. Get off at Iimoriyama-shita Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Françoise van Straelen @van_strael - 2020-03-09
- Japantravelphoto @Japantravelpho1 - 2019-11-04
- Japantravelphoto @japantravelphos - 2019-11-04
- Japantravelphoto @japantravelphot - 2019-11-04
- Japantravelphoto @japantravelphou - 2019-11-04
- Japantravelphoto @japantravelpht - 2019-11-04
- Myoko Kogen @myokokogen - 2017-09-23
- Madarao Kogen @madaraokogen - 2017-06-16
- Myoko Kogen @myokokogen - 2017-06-16
- Satoshi_Satoshi @wakaba264 - 2016-10-20
- Jiro Amaki @AmarchyEnglish - 2016-10-16
- betweenthebooks @between_books - 2015-11-22