For the people of Nagano City, the memories or the exciting games played in the uniquely shaped athletic facilities in the city are unforgettable.
The excitement is sure to be revived if you visit the venues.
M-WAVE was a venue of speed-skating events during the Nagano Winter Olympic Games in 1998.
Today, the facility houses an arena as well as Nagano Olympics Exhibition Corner which displays items related to the Olympic games on weekends and national holidays.
The arena is used as an event hall or a skating rink.
Skating can be enjoyed between mid-October and late-March.
- Nagano Olympics Exhibition Corner: 10:00 - 17:00 (Only weekends and national holidays)
- Skating: 10:00 - 17:00 (mid-October - late-March)
- Nagano Olympics Exhibition Corner: Monday - Friday
- Skating: late-March - mid-October *Closed irregularly during the season
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Access / Public Transport
- 15 minutes from JR Nagano Station by the bus bound for Suzaka and Yashima. Get off at M-WAVE-mae Bus stop.