Myozen-ji is known for its thatched roof gate "Shoro-mon".
According to historic records, zelkova trees were felled for the construction of the temple in 1806 and work continued for approximately 20 years.
A total of 9191 people assisted master carpenter Usuke Mizuma from Takayama in the construction work.
Impressive transom carvings are located inside the building is a beautiful yew tree that is designated as a one of Gifu Prefecture's natural monuments.
- 8:30 - 17:00 (April - November)
- 9:00 - 16:00 (December - March)
Access / Public Transport
- 50 minutes from JR Takayama Station by the bus bound for Shirakawa-go / Kanazawa. Get off at Shirakawa-go Bus stop.