Narita-san Park is a huge garden-like park of 165,000 square meters located behind the main hall of Shinsho-ji Temple.
The park was completed in 1928 and was largely remodeled in 1998.
The atmosphere changes over the four seasons, with the blossoming of Japanese apricot trees, cherry trees, and azalea, and with new green leaves in the spring and changing colors of maple leaves in the autumn.
The park is popular among devotees as a place for relaxation.
There is a pond, waterfall and fountain that create natural beauty.
Among these beautiful settings are the Great Pagoda of Peace belonging to Shinsho-ji Temple, Calligraphy Museum, Literature / Haiku Monuments including that of Matsuo Basho's, Suikinkutsu (a unique garden ornament for the enjoyment of listening to sounds of falling water), a tea ceremony room, etc.
In the park, there is also a vibrant waterfall called "Yuhi-no-Taki" flowing with water that originates in the rocky hill where sunlight streams through the trees.
This 20-meter-high water fall is one of the most striking sites of the park.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 15 minutes walk from JR Narita Station
- 15 minutes walk from Keisei Narita Station on the Keisei Line (KS40)
Address / Location
- Richard Liloc @richardliloc - 2021-09-20
- Magnet @MrdrMagnet - 2021-08-24
- Calico Don Ramón #Relax'N'Unwind @CalicoDoraemon - 2021-08-18
- Chris Chapman 🏳️🌈クリス @Magnum702 - 2021-07-25
- Rick Gundlach @Hoofin - 2021-07-24
- Rick Gundlach @Hoofin - 2021-07-15
- Kuma_Hero_Ka @Kuma_hero_ka - 2021-07-12
- ✨Carly✨commissions: (1/7) open!✨ @n9evepulgas - 2021-07-11
- ✨Carly✨commissions: (5/5) closed!✨ @n9evepulgas - 2021-07-11
- Brian Ashcraft @Brian_Ashcraft - 2021-06-21
- Rick Gundlach @Hoofin - 2021-06-21
- Pierre Alquier @PierreAlquier - 2021-06-16
- Rick Gundlach @Hoofin - 2021-06-12
- Rick Gundlach @Hoofin - 2021-06-10
- Color_full Japan @ColorfullJapan1 - 2021-05-23
- Nigel Tufnel @MisterRora - 2021-05-20
- How to Tokyo @howtotokyo - 2021-05-19
- Aviation Spotter @spotter_airline - 2021-05-12
- Lisa Hayes/rira @Lisa15942415 - 2021-05-11
- Maikol @Maikol_VG - 2021-05-07
- “Wear a mask & get vaccinated.”, Yoda says @seanyodarouse - 2021-04-28
- Klause @claus_klause - 2021-04-27
- Inbound Three-Way Satisfaction Japan @iTWSjapan - 2021-04-25
- Rouis châtnoir🇫🇷🇨🇭#hospitaltyindustry🦢 @CoRouis - 2021-04-23
- Let's go to the countryside of Japan @let_japan - 2021-04-16
- Let's go to the countryside of Japan @let_japan - 2021-04-14
- Vanalich @vanalich - 2021-04-04
- Mark Brandt @inertlabon24 - 2021-03-31
- Sean Appleby @isloudas - 2021-03-31
- Stella 🌼 @Bell_live03 - 2021-03-26