Nemunoki-no-Niwa Park

Travel Guide - Nemunoki-no-Niwa Park

Information

Nemunoki-no-Niwa Park used to be a part of the Shoda Residence, the parent's home of Empress Michiko.
The place opened to the public as a park in 2004.

The park's name "Nemunoki-no-Niwa (Garden of Silk Tree)" came from a Japanese Tanka poem written by the Empress when she was a high school student.
The rose "Princess Michiko" is also planted in the park in tribute to the Empress.

Opening Hours

  • 9:00 - 17:00

Closed

  • Year-end and New Year's holidays

Access / Public Transport

  • 10 minutes walk from Gotanda Station on the JR lines, Toei Asakusa Line (A05) or Tokyu Ikegami Line (IK01)
  • 13 minutes walk from Meguro Station on the JR lines, Tokyo Metro Nanboku Line (N01), Toei Mita Line (I01), or Tokyu Meguro Line (MG01)

Address / Location

* Please click each address to show the location.

Tweets

No tweets found.

Recommended Places

Happo-en Garden
Happo-en Garden is a venerable Japanese garden of roughly 33,000 square meters, boasting a history of about 300 years. The place was original ...  more »
Magome Bunshi Mura
In Magome, a number of Japan's leading authors and artists such as Kawabata Yasunari, Uno Chiyo, Kitahara Hakushu and so forth lived in the l ...  more »
Rikugi-en Garden
Rikugi-en Garden was constructed by Yanagisawa Yoshiyasu in 1702. The garden was made in a place which the 5th Tokugawa Shogun Tsunayoshi ga ...  more »
Katsura-Rikyu Imperial Villa
Katsura-Rikyu Imperial Villa was built in 1624 by the emperor's brother Prince Hachijo Toshihito for the Hachijo-no-miya (later Katsura-no-mi ...  more »
Fukuoka Castle Ruins (Maizuru Park)
Fukuoka Castle was originally completed in 1608 by Kuroda Nagamasa, the first lord of Fukuoka Domain. Some Yagura turrets, Otemon main gate,  ...  more »
Chishaku-in Temple
Chishaku-in Temple is the main temple of the Chizan School of Shingon Buddhism. The temple used to be Syounzen-ji, a temple established by ...  more »
Komoro Castle Ruins / Kaiko-en Park
Komoro Castle was constructed in 1554 by Takeda Shingen. The castle was built in a location lower than the surrounding towns and was given t ...  more »