Okura-yama Jump Stadium, or also called "Okura-yama Schanze", is a 90-meter jump hill commanding a panoramic view of the city and its surroundings.
It was a venue for the Sapporo Winter Olympics in 1972.
A panoramic view of Sapporo city can be enjoyed from the observation deck located on the top of the ski jump.
Built adjacent to the ski jump is Sapporo Winter Sports Museum.
The museum exhibits historical records of the Olympic Games and other winter competitions.
The museum also has virtual simulation machines with which you can try winter sports, such as ski jumping and cross-country racing.
- Okura-yama Jump Stadium: 8:30 - 18:00 (May - October)
- Okura-yama Jump Stadium: 9:00 - 17:00 (November - April)
- Sapporo Winter Sports Museum: 9:00 - 18:00 (May - October)
- Sapporo Winter Sports Museum: 9:30 - 17:00 (November - April)
- Okura-yama Jump Stadium: April 8 - 20
- Sapporo Winter Sports Museum: No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 12 minutes from Maruyama-koen Station on the Sapporo Municipal Subway Tozai Line (T06) by the bus bound for Miyanomori-Schanze. Get off at the last stop.
- 36 minutes from JR Sapporo Station by Burari Sapporo Kanko Bus (bound for Okura-yama Kyogijo-mae). Get off at the last stop. (late April - early November)