Nabari town is located on the other side of the mountains from Yamato (today's Nara), the former location of the imperial court of ancient Japan.
Influenced by the culture of Yamato, Nabari prospered as a key junction between the east and west of Japan in medieval times and some old buildings still can be seen in this area.
Nabari Todo Residence is a former residence of Nabari Todo family, a high ranked Samurai during the Edo Period (1603 - 1868).
A part of the large residence still remain and opened to the public.
- Nabari Todo Residence: 9:00 - 17:00
- Nabari Todo Residence: Mondays and Thursdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Nabari Todo Residence: December 28 - January 3
Access / Public Transport
- Short walk from Nabari Station on the Kintetsu Osaka Line
Address / Location
- Old Nabari Town: Shimmachi, Nabari-shi, Mie, 518-0727
- Nabari Todo Residence: 54-3, Marunochi, Nabari-shi, Mie, 518-0718