Oyama-jinja Shrine was established in 1599 in dedication to the first lord of Kaga Domain (today's Ishikawa and Toyama) Maeda Toshiie and his wife Matsu.
The shrine is noted for its magnificent three-story “Shin-mon” Gate.
The 25 meters tall building with the design of compromise between East and West was built in 1875 and is designated as an Important Cultural Property.
The gate looks beautiful especially when the stained glass windows placed on the third floor shine against the setting sun.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 5 minutes from JR Kanazawa Station by the bus bound for Korinbo. Get off at Minamicho Bus stop.