Ryusoin Temple was founded by a priest of the Tendai school Ennin (Jikaku Daishi) in 838.
The historic temple attracts people from all over Japan as a place of worship for long life, easy childbirth and raising, and disaster elimination.
The Nio-mon gate at the entrance of the grounds was built in the Muromachi Period (1336 - 1573) and is one of the Important Cultural Properties of Japan.
- 8:00 – 17:00 (March - October)
- 8:30 – 16:00 (November - Feburary)
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes walk from JR Namegawa Station