Built in 1946, Suehiro-tei is an esteemed Rakugo and Iromono theater that has held regular performances dating back to the Edo period (1603 - 1868).
Made of wood, this distinguished looking building has both Japanese Tatami seats and chairs available for the audience.
Suehiro-tei changes its performances and programs every 10 days, and holds late night shows performed by young comic story tellers every Saturday night.
- 12:00 - 16:30, 17:00 - 21:00
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- Short walk from Shinjuku-sanchome Station on the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line (M09), Fukutoshin Line (F13) or Toei Shinjuku Line (S02)
- 7 minutes walk from Shinjuku Station on the JR lines, Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line (M08), Toei Oedo Line (E27), Toei Shinjuku Line (S01), Keio Line (KO01), or Odakyu Odawara Line
- 7 minutes walk from Seibu Shinjuku Station on the Seibu Shinjuku Line (SS01)
Address / Location
- MASUDA-DO MUSEUM @masudado003 - 2016-07-06