Hakkoda is one of the major hot spring areas in Aomori Prefecture.
Sukayu-Onsen Hot Spring, opened during the Edo era (1603 – 1868), is known for Fukashi-yu, a steam bath used to rejuvenate the body.
Hiba Sennin-buro (a bath for 1,000 people) in Sukayu Onsen Ryokan is made completely of Japanese cypress and equivalent in size to 160 tatami mats.
From Jogakura and Kansuizawa Onsen hot springs, a stretch of virgin beech forest can be seen through the steam, and both of these bathes are located reasonably closely to Hakkoda Ropeway, a popular skiing resort.
- Varies according to the shop / facility
- Sukayu Onsen (Hiba Senin-buro): 7:00 - 17:30 *women only from 8:00 to 9:00
- Sukayu Onsen (Tama-no-Yu): 7:00 - 17:00
- Jogakura Onsen: 11:30 - 16:00
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- Sukayu Onsen Hot Spring: 75 minutes from JR Aomori Station by the bus bound for Towada-ko or Sukayu Onsen. Get off at Sukayu Onsen Bus stop.
- Jogakura Hot Spring: 70 minutes from JR Aomori Station by the bus bound for Towada-ko or Sukayu Onsen. Get off at Jogakura Onsen Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Sukayu Onsen Hot Spring: 50, Arakawa Minami-Arakawayama Yamakokuyurin Sukayuzawa, Aomori-shi, Aomori, 030-0111
- Jogakura Onsen Hot Spring: Arakawa Minami-Arakawayama Hakkodasannaka, Aomori-shi, Aomori, 030-0111
- Yusuke Japan @YUSUKE_JAPAN_tw - 2015-07-24