Takahata Fudoson is one of the oldest temple in the Kanto region.
The temple of the Shingon School of Buddhism is said to have been founded in the Nara Period (710 - 794).
The precincts of the temple are scattered with cultural properties such as the Fudo-do Hall, the Nio-mon Gate, the Goju-no-to Tower (Five-story pagoda), the monument of Shinsengumi and the statue of the Shinsengumi's vice-captain Hijikata Toshizo.
- Open 24 hours
- Dainihi-do main hall: 9:00 - 16:00
- Okudono hall: 9:00 - 17:00
- No closing days
- Dainihi-do main hall: Mondays
- Okudono hall: Mondays
Access / Public Transport
- 3 minutes walk from Takahatafudo Station on the Keio Line or Keio Dobutsuen Line (KO29)
- 5 minutes walk from Takahatafudo Station on the Tama Toshi Monorail