The suspension bridge that crosses the Totsu-kawa River was built in 1954.
It is one of the largest suspension bridge in Japan, 297.7 meters in length, 54 meters in height.
There used to be a settlement along the river, but after the heavy flood in the Meiji Period (1868 – 1912), the affected people moved to Hokkaido and built Shin-Totsukawa Town there.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 90 minutes from JR Gojo Station by the bus bound for Shingu. Get off at Uenoji Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Japanip @zHs4nceqaRquOAF - 2020-03-08
- Tommy Carson @tommycarson - 2018-06-11
- Japan Hoppers @JapanHoppers - 2018-04-10
- Off On A Whim @OffOnAWhim - 2017-06-05
- Nara Visitor Center @SarusawaInn - 2016-10-04
- sachie:) twinglish @popcorn217557 - 2016-03-21