Tanjoh-ji Temple was constructed to commemorate the birthplace of Holy Priest Nichiren.
It also serves as the head temple for the Nichiren sect of Buddhism.
It is that "three prophecies" occurred when Nichiren was born, a spring opened up quite suddenly in the garden, lotus flowers bloomed suddenly near the shore, and an infinite number of schools of sea bream appeared suddenly off the shore.
- Open 24 hours
- Admission to the halls: 9:00 - 15:00 (Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, and national holidays)
- No closing days
- Treasure house: Tuesday - Friday (except national holidays)
Access / Public Transport
- 3 minutes from JR Awa-Kominato by the bus bound for Namegawa Island / Okitsu-eki. Get off at Tanjoji-mae Bus stop, then walk 10 minutes.
Address / Location
- TourGuideAkiko @tourguideakiko - 2019-11-03
- darllon.richard @darllonr - 2017-06-03
- darllon.richard @darllonr - 2017-06-02
- Temple of Japan @JPNTemple - 2015-09-10