Ishiguro family was one of the most prestigious Samurai clans in Kakunodate as a high-ranked retainer of the Satake clan.
The Ishiguro Manor is a fine example of a Samurai house with a sweeping thatched roof and meticulously laid out gardens.
A part of the manor is opened to the public even though the descendants of the family still live here.
The Ishiguro Manor exhibits old household tools they used such as traditional winter boots and baby strollers.
It also houses medieval weapons and artifacts which includes Samurai armor and swords.
The friendly staffs at the front desk lend foreign visitors a file with English information.
- 9:00 - 17:00
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 25 minutes walk from Kakunodate Station on the JR lines or Akita Nairiku Jukan Railway Akita Nairiku Line
Address / Location
- simonvanschalkwyk @the_next_corner - 2021-09-17
- O:JA&L / aRt journal @ojalart - 2021-01-24
- The Paris Review @parisreview - 2021-01-24
- O:JA&L / aRt journal @ojalart - 2021-01-20
- The Paris Review @parisreview - 2021-01-20
- Furious Inc @furious_inc - 2018-11-10
- RelativeTruth @RelativeTruth1 - 2018-07-07
- Japan Travel Centre @JPTravelCentre - 2018-05-17
- xɘʜiupɘ @equihex - 2017-11-27