Less than half a kilometer north-east of the railway station, the ruins of Tokushima Castle, built in 1586, stand in Tokushima Central Park.
Tokushima Castle was build in 1585 by Hachisuka Iemasa.
The castle was destroyed by the order of the Meiji government in 1873 and the castle's stone walls, moats, a garden and restored gate only exist today.
Tokushima Central Park was designed by Seiroku Honda and Takanori Hongo, the people who also designed Hibiya Park in Tokyo, and opened in 1809 as Japan's second western-style park after Hibiya Park.
In the park you will also find the attractively landscaped Omotegoten-teien (Senshukaku-teien) Garden, which dates from the Azuchi–Momoyama Period (1573 - 1603) and the Tokushima Castle Museum.
The castle ruins were designated as a national historic site in 2006.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 5 minutes walk from JR Tokushima Station
Address / Location
- Lilly Forest🌴 @Islands_Forests - 2021-07-25
- Nanashi. @TokumeiArashi - 2021-07-21
- K.Eriko @Kishida18801479 - 2021-06-27
- 石橋渓太 @VdxGwb0b5v6m6gk - 2021-06-21
- Onigiro Pocket Japan @onigiro_travel - 2021-04-05
- Japan's Local Treasures @J_LocalTreasure - 2021-02-05
- Japan's Local Treasures @J_LocalTreasure - 2021-01-25
- ちな @chinana_3103 - 2020-07-16
- Ryo @Ryo76049458 - 2020-05-31
- Saccchi @nodressnolife - 2019-04-08
- Hayato Nomura @HayatoNomura - 2017-06-20
- Redhead in Japan @Redhead_inJapan - 2016-12-22
- Thomas Nod @ThomasNod - 2016-11-22
- Redhead in Japan @Redhead_inJapan - 2016-10-24
- Redhead in Japan @Redhead_inJapan - 2016-10-12
- save carlos 2k16 @squishygoodra - 2016-09-26
- Alyssa @arisssachan - 2016-04-06
- Mohammad @FarhanMohdNor - 2015-07-29