The museum used to be a residence of the late Prince Asaka.
The interior of the house preserves a masterpiece of the Art-Deco style, which took the European art world by storm in the 1920's - 30's.
Surrounded by a green and spacious park, the museum is blessed with an environment that allows one to enjoy the mixture of nature, architecture and art.
- 10:00 – 18:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- 2nd and 4th Wednesdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Access / Public Transport
- 6 minutes walk from Shirokanedai Station on the Toei Mita Line (I02) or Namboku Line (N02)
- 7 minutes walk from Meguro Station on the JR lines, Tokyo Metro Nanboku Line (N01), Toei Mita Line (I01), or Tokyu Meguro Line (MG01)