Built in the mid Edo Period (1603 – 1868), this well-preserved house is the largest remaining Gassho style house in Ogimachi quarter.
Wada family, the owner of the house, was a village headman in Shirakawa village at that time.
The family was also allowed to trade niter and the documents and licenses related to the trade are exhibited.
The descendants of the family still live in the house while the first and second floors are open to the public.
- 9:00 - 17:00
Access / Public Transport
- 50 minutes from JR Takayama Station by the bus bound for Shirakawa-go / Kanazawa. Get off at Shirakawa-go Bus stop.