Zuigan-ji Temple is the most representative Zen temple in the Tohoku region and is also the family temple of the Dates, being originally rebuilt in 1604 by order of Date Masamune.
In the eastern corner of the compound lies a temple museum displaying cultural properties associated with the temple and the Date family.
The temple is desinated as a National Treasure.
- 8:00 - 17:00 (April - September)
- 8:00 - 16:30 (March, October)
- 8:00 - 16:00 (February, November)
- 8:00 - 15:30 (December, January)
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 5 minutes walk from JR Matsushima-Kaigan Station
Address / Location
- Craig Morris @craigamorris - 2019-08-25
- スタジオ一馬力 @endou5577 - 2019-03-26
- 西田親生 @chikaonishida - 2017-11-03
- projectmanu.it @projectmanu - 2016-02-16
- highly super review @serranomadox - 2015-08-15
- Planetyze @planetyze - 2015-07-23
- Kyosuke@μ's5th最高 @MadoHomuMagica - 2015-05-18
- Kyosuke@内田彩ライブ両日 @MadoHomuMagica - 2015-05-18
- Kyosuke@内田彩ライブ最高 @MadoHomuMagica - 2015-05-18